The sun is shining, the BBQ’s are heating up and we are ready to enjoy some delicious pulled Jackfruit! This recipe can be added to a burger bun with all the trimmings, in a salad or in tacos!
Pulled jackfruit taco ingredients
Our favourite recipe is pulled jackfruit tacos. Crunchy, zesty and can be easily adapted to suit your taste and what you have in the fridge/cupboard.
We chose salsa, you could use coleslaw or pickled shredded veg. We had sliced avocado; you could make guacamole. The rules are ‘there are no rules!’
Ingredients for pulled jackfruit Tacos
- Coconut oil
- 1 onion (we chose red)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 Jalapeno (depending on your heat tolerance)
- 2/3 teaspoons BBQ sauce
- Lime to serve
(now for the spices)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- Salsa crunchier the better (homemade or jarred)
- Taco shells
Healthy lifestyle, healthy mind
Since COVID-19 first hit, the need to be healthier has become paramount to our daily lifestyle. Not only for our bodies, but also our minds.
People are working out more, experimenting with recipes and many have used this time to be try something different.
A great way to help encourage a healthier lifestyle is by switching to a plant-based diet.
Different to a vegan diet, the plant-based diet focuses more on what you can eat, rather than what you can’t. Taking vegetables, fruit and other plant-based products and doing something a little different.
Pulled jackfruit is a great example of something ingenious that you can do with a fruit, offering the perfect alternative to pulled pork. No slow cooking, less fat and high in vitamin C.
How to create pulled jackfruit
The star of the show…
- Check your jackfruit is fully shredded
- Fry off the onions until soft in olive oil
- Add the garlic and jalapeno and cook for extra minute
- Fry off the jackfruit with the onion’s mixture
- Season with the herbs and spices and BBQ sauce
- Cook until the jackfruit has started to crisp
- Add a squeeze of lime juice
- Heat your tacos as per instructions on the packet
Prepare your sides
- Slice or chop up your avocado
- Prepare your salsa (if making yourself)
- And pile your tacos full of crunchy fresh goodness!
- You can also add cheese and sour cream, if you’re open to dairy additions.
This pulled jackfruit recipe is fantastic for all occasions. Whether you’re having a night with the other half, enjoying a family dinner or having some you time.
Talk to our team today on 01386 761 555 or firstname.lastname@example.org about jackfruit, we have some fantastic options available along with other products perfect for