In celebration of #InternationalBeerDay we have been dreaming and discussing our favourite beer inspired recipes; from beer battered fish to mussels in a beer and bacon sauce.
One that almost made me want to ditch the laptop and pop open the BBQ straight away was the idea of beer marinated steaks…
Gluten free marinade
Our beer marinade is gluten and worry free. No flavour is compromised, but if you don’t have gluten free beer or coconut aminos, you can swap for your usual beer and either a soy or teriyaki sauce.
For additional gluten free ingredients, check out our allergen free alternative blog for a more inclusive diet.
Time to marinade
The key to a good marinade, apart from good quality ingredients is to be patient. If you leave your meat or vegetables to marinade overnight the flavour intensifies.
If you are BBQ’in tonight, try and leave your meat to soak up those beautiful flavours for at least half hour to an hour. You won’t be sorry!
Time to bring out the BBQ!
This recipe can of course also be cooked on a grill, but at the time of posting the weather was glorious and BBQ was our preferred method of cooking.
Ingredients… it couldn’t be simpler
- This gluten free beer marinade works so well with a couple steaks, but if you have some honey, it could also be delicious on ribs!
- 59ml Dark Beer (gluten free)
- 2 tbsp Coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
Let the marinade begin!
- 12 hours before, place your steaks in a large dish and use a fork to poke in some holes in the surface
- Mix your dark beer, coconut aminos and brown sugar
- Pour mixture over your steaks
- Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder on both sides
- Cover and leave in the fridge overnight
Time to sizzle
- Get that BBQ nice and hot! We want strong grill lines running across those beautiful steaks
- Remove your steak from the marinade and add the juices into a saucepan to reduce
- Add your steak to the BBQ and fry for 3 minutes each side (depending on preference and thickness of steak)
- During the last minute of cooking, baste your steak with the reduced marinade for added flavour
Serve with a nice salad, some corn or more meat!
For more information on the ingredients in this gluten free marinade talk to our team on 01386 761555 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
MEAT (see what we did there?) our alcohol specialist Phil Hussey…
Phil looks after our alcohol selection at Brusco Food Group. He is the specialist to go to if you are looking for a beer for your marinade, wine for your pasta sauce or rum for your ice cream. Talk to him today by emailing email@example.com.