June’s Chef session in the Brusco office focused on Spanish tapas recipes. Deliciously curated by The Hungry Guy, this Spanish-style pork recipe offers all the authentic flavours of Spain including tomatoes, garlic and fragrant herbs.
It is very versatile and can either be used as a small tapas dish or if you combine it with a lemon and herb cous cous, a lovely main dish.
Ingredients for Spanish Style Pork in Tomato Sauce
- 1.5kg Pork Shoulder, cut into 5cm chunks
- 200g IQF Red Onions, Sliced
- 3 Tsp Garlic Puree
- 2 Tsp Coriander Seeds
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 150ml White Wine
- 400g Chopped Tomatoes
- 400g Chicken Stock
- Pinch of Smart Salt & Pepper
Let’s give it a go!
- Pre-Heat the oven to 160C
- Heat the oil in a casserole or oven proof pan on high. Season the pork before dicing into 5cm chunks. Add the diced pork to the pan and brown all over. Remove from the casserole dish and drain off the excess fat
- Add the sliced onions and coriander seeds and cook on a medium heat for 10 minutes until soft and the coriander is fragrant.
- Add the garlic and cook for another 2-3 minutes
If you are looking at changing your supplier of herbs, spices or tomatoes, get in touch with the team today on 01386 761 555 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Harvesting for these products happens throughout June and July, making it the best time to secure volumes.