The weekend is creeping up, we are all looking forward to indulging in something yummy. For most, pizza is the ultimate weekend treat, but many haven’t tried making it themselves! This pizza sauce recipe can be used on any style of pizza and is unbelievably easy.
You can add your favourite toppings, but to be honest, a sprinkling of cheese and a handful of basil is all your need!
What you will need for the pizza sauce recipe
- 3 heaped tbsp of our ambient onions
- 1/2 tbsp garlic
- 1 heaped tbsp tomato purée
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 tin water
We are very excited by this pizza sauce recipe, as any leftovers can be used as a delicious pasta sauce!
How to make the pizza sauce
- Gently heat the onions and garlic in a pan, stirring continuously to ignite the fragrance of these key base ingredients
- Add in the puree after about 6-7 minutes and cook through
- Stir in the tin of tomatoes, refill the tin with water and pour in. Don’t forget to season as you go!
- Simmer for 30/40 minutes, stirring now and again.
- Add chopped basil and more seasoning if required. Sugar can take away some of the bitterness of the tomatoes, so feel free to experiment. Just remember to taste as you go.
Whether you are making your pizza from scratch, using a pre-made base or a ready-to-roll solution, we know this pizza sauce will work beautifully.
For further information on our ambient onions, get in touch with the team at 01386 761 555 or email email@example.com.