Treat yourself this afternoon to this delicious, gluten free, vegan cheesecake.
Full of flavour, utterly indulgent and the perfect way to treat you and your loved ones with a glass of milk, cup of tea or a glass of something fizzy.
- 300g vegan digestive biscuits
- 5 tbsp Biona Organic coconut oil
- 100g dark chocolate (broken into pieces)
- 100ml coconut milk or almond milk
- 440g can unsweetened chestnut puree
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
Vegan friendly and Gluten free indulgence
With COVID-19 deciding whether we come or go, we are all finding new ways to indulge in little luxuries. We are taking time to develop new skills, learning more about what we are eating and putting effort into filling our bodies with healthier, delicious alternatives.
This vegan cheesecake recipe is perfect for the whole family, whatever your dietary requirements. It’s gluten free, fit for a vegan lifestyle and if you struggle to process sugar, not a problem!
The ‘not so secret’ ingredient: Chestnuts
The depth and creaminess of this vegan cheesecake comes from chestnuts. Naturally sweet, low in fat and the perfect pairing for chocolate.
Chestnuts can be used in many recipes to help add depth in flavour and alternative dairy free creaminess.
If you would like to know more about these delicious healthy treats, read our ‘Chestnuts: Not just for Christmas’ blog here.
Simple Steps to creating this delicious Vegan Cheesecake
- Prep the tin: Simply line the bottom and sides of a round cake tin (preferably springform) with baking paper.
- Melt your chocolate: Throw in your chopped chocolate and coconut milk into a heatproof bowl, place over a pan of simmering water (with no contact) and stir until the chocolate and milk have combined. Set aside to cool.
- Time for the crust: This recipe is easier with a food processor, however, is achievable with a little elbow grease. Combine your biscuits and oil together in the processor until blended fully into a crumb.
Once blended, press into your tin. Looking to achieve an even base? Press down with the bottom of a glass.
- And now for the filling: Clean your food processor bowl and scrape in your melted chocolate and remaining filling ingredients. Blend until smooth and utterly delicious. This is the perfect time to take advantage of being the chef. Taste and sweeten to suit your palette.
Scoop the mixture onto the top of the base and smooth with the back of a fork or a wetted metal spoon. Cover and leave to cool in a fridge for at least 4 hours.
- And serve! Once cooled, release the sides, gently peel off the baking paper and present as you wish! I like a scraping of orange peel on mine.
Try making your own vegan cheesecake
If you would like to share your own efforts on making our Chestnut Vegan Cheesecake, or have any other ideas on Gluten Free, Plant Based or delicious Vegan Puddings, please feel free to post on LinkedIn and tag us! We are always looking for new and exciting ways of baking and cooking.
Talk to our team today about orders on any of the ingredients used within our cheesecake recipe on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01386 761 555.