Soup is the ultimate winter treat providing comfort and warmth on the coldest of days. With plant-based foods being the trend of 2022, this Curried Butternut Squash Soup is the ultimate recipe.
VEGAN SOUP RECIPE
Flavourful and delicious, this easy vegan soup recipe is not only healthy, but it also uses vegan friendly ingredients.
The creaminess comes from coconut milk and the flavours come from pre-chopped vegetables and powdered spices.
Prepared ingredients for quick and easy production
All ingredients provided by Brusco Food Group in this recipe are readily prepared. The garlic and onion are ready pureed and cooked, and the ginger and curry flavourings are powdered.
Low Sodium Soup
Ready meals such as soups often come with a high salt content. By making the simple swap from regular salt to Smart Salt® we were able to keep the same great taste, but reduce the sodium levels for our customers.
Curried Butternut Squash Soup Ingredients
- 400g butternut squash (1.5cm cubes)
- 400ml veggie stock
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon garlic puree
- 2 heaped pureed onion
- 100-150ml coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped coriander
- 2 tablespoons crispy onions
- 3 tablespoons coconut cream
- 15g toasted pumpkin and sunflower seeds
- Smart Salt®
Let’s give it a go!
- Pre heat your oven to 180c and spread the seeds onto a lined baking sheet drizzle over a little oil. Roast the seeds for 10-15 minutes then remove and set aside.
- In a cold pan add 2 heaped tbsp of the pureed onions to a little oil and bring up to a medium to low heat. Once this starts to sizzle, add in the curry powder, garlic, and ginger.
- Mix and then add in the squash, toss in the spice and onions. Cook this for a further 5 minutes.
- Add in 400ml vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Season with Smart Salt® and pepper.
- Once it reaches a boil, reduce to simmer, and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the squash is cooked through. Once you have reached this point, blend to your desired consistency
- Add the coconut milk and taste, season if needed.
- Garnish with the toasted seeds, crispy onions, coriander, and a drizzle of coconut cream.
TALK TO THE TEAM
Interested in our spices and ready cooked range? Talk to the team today and see how we can help reduce production time and costs. Contact us on 01386 761 555 or firstname.lastname@example.org.